Tips for using Toy Ovens
Some helpful tips for using toy ovens:
- Read your instruction book, and make sure you know how to operate your oven.
- With light bulb ovens, its best to start with fresh bulbs.
- Never submerse your oven in water.
- Preheat your oven for 15 minutes before using.
- Gather your supplies and ingredients before starting. (a timer, pot holders, pans, etc.)
- Use a non-slip grip mat under your oven. (I find that most ovens slide all over the counter).
- Make sure the food is never higher than the rim of the pan.
- Have an adult cut any ingredients that need it.
- Be aware that the pans you remove from the oven are metal, and therefore will easily slip off any plastic spatula. Be sure to have a pot holder ready with your spatula, to assist in safely remove the pan from the oven. (I have had a couple of pans slip right off the spatula and onto the floor).
- Always unplug your toy oven when done cooking.
- Always wait for the oven to cool before cleaning it. (ask an adult for help in cleaning your oven).